The United States Embassy in Bosnia and Herzegovina has announced a call for applications under the Women’s Empowerment Small Grants Program. This program supports NGO efforts to promote women’s leadership and increase participation of women in government and business as important factors for BiH’s advancement and support for women having equal rights.
Projects should deal with one of the following themes:
- Economic empowerment of women and girls (proposals may not include vocational training)
- Promotion of women’s engagement in politics as voters, advocates and candidates
- Amplification of women’s voices and leadership on issues that affect all citizens of BiH
- Empowerment of girls and young women to become leaders in their schools, communities and country
- Prevention of gender-based violence
- Public awareness of women’s health issues
Projects should be implemented within 12 months (from June/July 2021 to June/July 2022).
The Embassy will award at least 10 grants of individual value from $1,000 to $50,000. The total fund is $300,000.
The call is open to non-government, non-profit organizations (including think tanks, civil society organizations), educational institutions and independent media that are based and legally registered in Bosnia and Herzegovina are eligible to apply. American or other donor country organizations and individuals are not eligible for grants under this program. Grants are generally awarded only to organizations.
The deadline for submission of proposals/supporting documentation for small grants is Friday, February 19, 2021 by 17:00h.
More information about the call can be found here.