Philanthropy is an important driver of development and change of every community. It is in the interest of all members of society that the process of donations is simplified and the giving itself increased. Philanthropy as a principle is reflected through the concepts of donating money, goods and services, and as volunteering and giving knowledge and time.
- Do you think that the level of development of philanthropy in Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH) is not at a satisfactory level?
- Do you think that greater involvement of both the business and civic sectors in the development of philanthropy is important?
- Do you think that companies should have more benefits if they do business responsibly (provide support to non-profit organizations, humanitarian actions, institutions, groups or individuals)?
- Do you think there are legal barriers to the faster development of philanthropy?
- Do you recognize laws whose amendments would improve the legal framework and increase the level of benefits of philanthropy?
If your answer to the questions above is YES, you are the right person for us and we invite you to be part of consultative meetings to jointly improve the legal framework for philanthropy in BiH.
By developing philanthropy, we are developing our communities both economically and socially!
The Foundation Mozaik, with the financial support of the United States Agency for International Development – USAID, together with the Foundation Hastor, the Network for Building Peace, and the Association Pomozi.ba, as well as partner organizations from the Republic of Serbia – Foundation Trag and the Catalyst Foundation, will, in the next four years, implement the Program “Pravni okvir za filantropiju/Legal Framework for Philanthropy”.
This Program will improve the legal framework and enable more transparent corporate and individual donations, as well as those coming from civil society organizations. We can strengthen the ecosystem for philanthropy in BiH only if we work together, and that is why the voice of the business, governmental and non-governmental sectors, as well as all interested citizens, is important.
We want to create a broad coalition of all of you who have the knowledge and experience in this area and thus ensure that the desired changes really happen. Every person is a philanthropist and every person benefits from the development of philanthropy, because with it we strengthen our community, both economically and socially.
Joint efforts to remove development barriers in the public, business and civil sectors are the fastest way to create a state of satisfied citizens.
Join us, be part of the consultative meetings
Consultative meetings, where participants will share experiences about the problems faced by organizations, companies and individuals in giving donations, as well as the views of decision makers on this issue are scheduled from 10:00 to 13:30 on the following days:
- February 23, 2021 (Tuesday) for the civil sector
- February 24, 2021 (Wednesday) for the public sector
- February 25, 2021 (Thursday) for the business sector