On the occasion of the International Labor Day, the Main Board of the Independent Trade Union of Forestry, Wood Processing and Paper of Bosnia and Herzegovina held a session on April 29, 2021, at which it was decided that the Independent Trade Union of Forestry, Wood Processing and Paper of Bosnia and Herzegovina join the peaceful protests which will be held on Saturday, May 1, 2021 in front of the Government of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina, when the representatives of this union will express dissatisfaction with the position of workers in the forestry, wood and paper processing.
Representatives of the the Trade Union add that the participants will gather at 11 am on the Square Prvog korpusa Armije BiH where they will lay flowers at the memorial of Đuro Đaković, and then walk to the building of the Government of the Federation of BiH, where protests will be held at 11.30 am.
Also, the Main Board of the Trade Union discussed current issues, problems and challenges faced by workers in the sectors of forestry, wood and paper processing and made certain conclusions in the form of requests to the Government of the Federation of BiH, relevant institutions and the Association of Employers, depending on issues and competencies.
Independent Trade Union of Forestry, Wood and Paper Processing of BiH REQUESTS:
- The priority issue is to determine the lowest salary in the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina, provided that it is not lower than 70% of the average salary paid in the Federation of BiH according to monthly data of the competent statistical authority in FBiH, without non-salary benefits (meal allowances, transportation fee, annual leave contribution). The Government of FBiH and the Ministry of Finance are responsible for resolving this request, the deadline is 30 days;
- Amendments to the legislation regarding the reduction of precarious work and the creation of a safe working environment for workers, especially young people – 6 months;
- Continuous adoption of programs and provision of funds on an annual basis for importing seniority to workers in industrial sectors whose companies are bankrupt or do not exist, so that workers can exercise their right to a pension, which is also the responsibility of the Federation Government.
- Adoption of measures and planning of organized mass vaccination of workers in the industrial sector, especially in the wood industry, furniture factories, other wood processing factories, paper factories and forestry workers, as priority groups in the implementation of immunization.
- We demand that implementation and realization of this request starts IMMEDIATELY without delay with a deadline of 30 days. The Ministry of Health of the FBiH and the Institute of Public Health of the FBiH are responsible for the implementation of this request.
- The Association of Employers of the Federation of BiH has to start the negotiating procedure for a collective agreement in the wood and paper industry, which was initiated by SSSŠPDP BiH in November 2019.
Given the epidemiological situation of the measures in force in the Federation of BiH and Sarajevo Canton, the number of protesters will be limited.
The leadership of the Trade Union, members of the bodies and bodies of SSŠPDP BIH are participating in the peaceful protests, while the members will be part of the protests in the field through peaceful gatherings at their working environments.