Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina Posting Date
06/14/2022, 01:34 PM
Apply Before 06/29/2022, 05:59 AM
National Personnel Service Agreement
Practice Area Inclusive Growth
Bureau Regional Bureau for Europe and the CISContract Duration
1 Year with Possibility for extension
Education & Work Experience Master’s Degree
Two years (with BA) of relevant experience in the field of economic development and/or agri-food industry and rural development
Fluency in English and the official languages of BIH (Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian), with excellent drafting and presentation skills
Mobility required/no mobility
no mobility required
ICS08 / P1 / NOA
BackgroundUNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
The European Union’s COVID-19 Investment Response – EU4BusinessRecovery (2021-2023) is a Multi-Donor Action jointly co-financed by the European Union, the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development. The Action, valued at EUR 13.7 million, is jointly implemented by GIZ, UNDP and ILO. The UNDP is responsible for the activities related to the agri-food sector and rural development with the budget of EUR 3.75 million.
The overall objective of the Action is to contribute to support to Bosnia and Herzegovina in mitigating the negative economic effects generated by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The specific objective (outcome) of the Action is twofold:
- Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs), agri-food and tourism operators, entrepreneurs and farmers ensure business continuity despite the negative effects of COVID-19.
- Innovative start-ups created as a response to the COVID-19 crisis.
Considering the objectives stated above, the Action supports businesses in five economic sectors: metal processing, wood processing, agri-food processing, textile/apparel/footwear and tourism.
Support is provided along four intervention areas that create a coherent approach in reaching the set objectives:
- implementation of occupational safety and health (OSH) measures in supported companies as a condition for business continuity.
- product and business innovation and reorganization/localization of the supply chains to maintain the functioning and increase competitiveness of MSMEs, agri-food and tourism operators.
- start-up development to ensure employment of unemployed persons, women and other vulnerable groups.
- a Help Desk system to provide financial and legal advice to MSMEs on the one hand, and to entrepreneurs and start-ups on the other hand.
As an immediate priority, the Action should result in increased capacities of MSMEs for ensuring business continuity and improvements in operations for development of new products and services and access to new markets. Ultimately, the assisted companies should become more resilient by adapting more sustainable business models, diversifying product portfolios and markets while maintaining the current workforce and gradually creating new jobs.
Over the course of 30 months the project will support at least 150 businesses to re-launch their business activities and retain more than 1,000 jobs. At least 100 innovative start-ups will be created. Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager, the Grant Analyst will perform the following main functions, with due respect to the UNDP rules and regulations and the UNDP internal control framework:
- Supporting the conceptualization and design of the Grant Fund Facility (GFF);
- Supporting day-to-day management of GFF,
- Coordinating and participating in the provision of technical assistance to potential GFF applicants and recipients;
- Support to mainstreaming gender equality in all Project activities.
A. Supporting the conceptualization and design of the GFF:
- Supports the conceptualization and design of the GFF together with the Project Manager and Agri-Food Development Officer and in close cooperation with relevant institutional partners;
- Drafts and develops GFF guidelines and prepares documentation for individual support measures evaluation and approvals;
- Contributes to the analysis of capacities and needs of targeted stakeholders for GFF design;
- Together with Agri-Food Development Officer analyses economic environment, particularly in relevant sectors and localities and uses available data for GFF design and implementation;
- Keeps abreast of relevant trends, practices and experiences related to agri-food and rural development in the region and the EU;
- Engages in the development of GFF monitoring framework and procedures for monitoring of individual support measures and awarded projects, in cooperation with the Project Manager and the Field Monitoring and Control Associate.
B. Supporting day-to-day management and monitoring of the GFF:
- Engages in planning, management and monitoring of GFF related activities as part of the overall project workplans;
- Supports the management of the implementation of GFF calls for proposals and beneficiary selection, including appraisal of fully-fledged project proposals under the GFF calls;
- Engages in coordination of GFF related informative sessions and capacity building events;
- Engages in pre-award audits of potential beneficiaries, in addition to audits during implementation and at close-out, as relevant, in close coordination with the Field Monitoring and Control Associate;
- Supports the management of awards, administration and monitoring of contracts with beneficiaries, keeping all the relevant records and documentation up to date and providing regular information to the team;
- Provides regular reports on the GFF implementation, including on risks and issues, to the Project Manager;
- Coordinates its work with the Field Monitoring and Control Associate and Agri-Food Development Officer and together with them undertakes technical and administrative monitoring to awarded projects;
- Contributes to the design and regular use of monitoring tools and systems, organizes and oversees monitoring of individual support measures under GFF in line with the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Framework, enabling evidence-based tracking of progress and achievements against the relevant indicators.
- Prepares annual and monthly workplans for GFF that set priorities, timelines, targets and standards for monitoring results including changes to activity risks and propose solutions to mitigate the identified risks.
C. Coordinating and participating in the provision of technical assistance to potential GFF applicants and recipients:
- Provides beneficiaries’ related inputs for design of technical assistance and capacity development support, including those relevant for GFF implementation and progress monitoring purposes;
- Provides technical assistance to GFF beneficiaries related to GFF implementation;
- Designs monitoring and reporting guidelines for recipients of support and the implementation team;
- Provides guidance to the project team and partners in relation to the GFF implementation, also regularly reviewing GFF related processes to introduce improvements, as relevant;
- Analytically captures lessons learnt and drafts reports based on the project experiences and monitoring of progress against set targets, including from the gender equality perspective.
D. Mainstreaming gender equality in all Project activities:
- Support gender mainstreaming throughout the project activities, workplans, budgets, reports, research, analyses and, where specifically relevant, analyse it in detail;
- Ensures that all the data, when collecting and compiling inputs related to the project, are gender and age disaggregated and evaluated from the gender point of view;
- Ensures minimum 30% participation of the other gender in the preparation of meetings /consultations /trainings/commissions.
- The employee will work under the direct supervision of the EU4BusinessRecovery Project Manager.
LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
Adapt with Agility:
LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
Act with Determination:
LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
Engage and Partner:
LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
Enable Diversity and Inclusion:
LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination
Cross-Functional and Technical Competencies:
Business Direction & Strategy
|Business Direction & Strategy||Negotiation and Influence||Ability to reach an understanding, persuade others, resolve points of difference, gain advantage in the outcome of dialogue, negotiates mutually acceptable solutions through compromise and creates ‘win-win’ situations|
|Business Development||Human-centered Design||Ability to develop solutions to problems by involving the human perspective in all steps of the problem-solving process|
|Business Management||Partnerships Management||Ability to build and maintain partnerships with wide networks of stakeholders, Governments, civil society and private sector partners, experts and others in line with UNDP strategy and policies|
|Business Managemet||Monitoring||Ability to provide managers and key stakeholders with regular feedback on the consistency or discrepancy between planned and actual activities and programme performance and results|
|Business Management||Communication||Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and unambiguous manner both through written and verbal communication; to tailor messages and choose communication methods depending on the audienceAbility to manage communications internally and externally, through media, social media and other appropriate channels|
|Legal||Legal||Knowledge of applicable legal frameworkManaging client relations|
Required Skills and ExperienceEducation:
Master’s degree in economy, agronomy, rural development sciences, development studies, business administration or another relevant field;Bachelor’s degree with additional two years of experience will be given due consideration in lieu of Master’s degree.
Two years (with Bachelor`s degree) of relevant experience in the field of economic development and/or agri-food industry and rural development.
Fluency in English and the official languages of BIH (Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian), with excellent drafting and presentation skills.
Excellent computer skills (MS Office applications) and ability to use information technologies as a tool and resource
Demonstrated knowledge of agri-food sector and rural development needs and processes in the country and/or environmental protection strategies and initiatives within the context of the EU integrations.
The following documents shall be required from the applicants:
- Personal CV or P11, indicating all past positions held and their main underlying functions, their durations (month/year), the qualifications, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate, and at least three (3) the most recent professional references of previous supervisors. References may also include peers.
- A cover letter (maximum length: 1 page) indicating why the candidate considers him-/herself to be suitable for the position.
Disclaimer Applicant information about UNDP rosters Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements. Scam warning The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Broj izvršilaca: 1
Datum objave: 15.06.2022.
Trajanje oglasa: 14 dana (ističe 29.06.2022.)