Location: Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina Application deadline: Open until filled
The Organized Crime and Corruption Reporting Project (OCCRP) is a growing, global nonprofit media organization that is reinventing investigative journalism for the public good. By developing and equipping a global network of investigative journalists and publishing their stories, we expose crime and corruption so the public can hold power to account. We see a future where organized crime and corruption are drastically reduced and democracy is strengthened. Our global team includes editors, researchers, data engineers, security specialists, administrators, technologists, and strategists, each with areas of in-depth expertise.
- 1 year employment contract, pending a six-month probation period
- Full time
- Team: Finance and Accounting
- Processing expenses claims with meticulous attention to detail, collecting necessary approvals and identifying system improvements to increase efficiency of processes
- Corresponding with field-based reporters and other personnel as required, in close cooperation with the Program Managers, accounting and human resource departments
- Supporting the production of OCCRP reports through tracking other forms of data as required
- Supporting Programs colleagues in tracking, completing and uploading reports and files
- Performing other tasks as required
Qualifications and Skills
- Either BiH citizenship or the right to reside and work in BiH
- B.A. degree required, preferably in finance, economics or other related field
- At least 1 years’ work experience (relevant sector, e.g. international organization, NGO or other)
- Good oral English Language skills and ability to communicate effectively using written English
- Computer literate with strong experience using Google Workspace, Microsoft Office applications, primarily Word and Excel, and ability to learn other applications
- Able to work independently, while asking for guidance when needed
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent organization skills with the ability to prioritize on workload in a high energy, deadline-orientated environment
To apply, please email a letter of interest and resume to jobs(at)occrp.orgWe are recruiting for this job on a rolling deadline basis, and will stop recruiting as soon as we have found a suitable candidate. If you are interested in the position, we strongly recommend that you apply as soon as possible.All applications must be submitted in English. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Whilst we have internal goals to reply to unsuccessful candidates, we regret that the high number of applicants greatly exceeds our capacity to respond to each person. We apologize that we will not be able to reply to any unsuccessful applicants.As an equal opportunity employer, OCCRP values having a diverse workforce and continuously strives to maintain an inclusive and equitable workplace. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate against any person based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, medical conditions, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics. If you are a qualified applicant requiring assistance or an accommodation to complete any step of the application process, please contact hr(at)occrp.org.
Lokacija: Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Broj izvršilaca: 1
Datum objave: 14.06.2022.
Trajanje oglasa: 30 dana (ističe 14.07.2022.)