UNDP BiH has issued a Public call for local governments in the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina to prepare green logistics schemes for waste management with a feasibility study for environmentally friendly collection and transportation of municipal waste.
(Photo: kanvag / shutterstock.com)
Through this Public call, it is planned to develop green logistics schemes for waste management with a feasibility study for environmentally friendly collection and transport of municipal waste, in order to complete the information of municipal waste management plans for making long-term decisions related to this area.
Feasibility studies will include the assessment and testing of various low-carbon alternatives related to: fuels used by waste transport vehicles, optimization of waste transport routes, vehicle capacity and load, use of information technologies in this area, etc.
The contribution of the preparation of green logistics schemes for waste management with a feasibility study for environmentally acceptable collection and transport of municipal waste for local governments in the FBiH is reflected in:
– consistent implementation and fulfillment of the goals of municipal and/or cantonal waste management plans, but also the goals of the Federal Waste Management Plan
– establishing a framework for sustainable waste management through sustainable management of generated waste, which includes the reduction of associated greenhouse gas emissions
– opening opportunities for increasing the number of households covered by organized waste collection
– opening opportunities for separate waste collection and recycling
– opening opportunities for improving the infrastructure for municipal waste management
– identifying “black spots” in the system and creating preconditions for their removal
The deadline for submission of applications is February 15, 2021. More information is available HERE.