Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina/Republika Srpska
Project Title: DRINA RIVER BASIN MANAGEMENT PROJECT IN THE WESTERN BALKANS (WBSRDM)
Grant No.: GEF Trust Fund Grant No. TF0A2317 and SCCF Grant no. TF 0A2320
Sub-component name: 2A-Small Grants Program (PMG)
Reference Nr.: BA-WBDRBMP-TF0A2317 and TF0A2320-PMG-RS-001
Bosnia and Herzegovina/Republika Srpska has received funding from the World Bank to finance the Drina River Basin Management Project in the Western Balkans (WBSRDM), and part of the funds is intended for small grants provided by this Call for Small Grants for the following eligible investments:
- Work on sustainable use of water resources and conservation of biodiversity that will have tangible benefits for the local community;
- Support for relevant existing activities at the local level that contribute to the project objectives;
- Strengthening the pattern of rural economy development that fully takes into account the sustainable use of water resources and biodiversity and that can be further expanded in the Drina River Basin;
- Testing of innovative technologies and approaches for sustainable use of water resources and conservation of biodiversity;
- Strengthening participatory planning processes that include the interests of the local community and the development of the rural economy.
More details on criteria for eligible projects through this Call and criteria for selection of grant proposals are set out in the Manual for the implementation of small grants, which can be downloaded from the website of the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Water Management of Republika Srpska submenu Documents, Agricultural Project Coordination Unit – procurement.
Projects for which support is requested will be classified into one of the following three (3) categories:
- Small projects up to EUR 5,000.00
- Medium projects up to EUR 10,000.00
- Large projects up to EUR 20,000.00
The total amount of funds is limited, as well as the duration of activities supported through this Call. All activities must be completed and invoiced until April 30, 2021.
Activities that are not eligible for funding:
- Activities that endanger the environment or cultural heritage and do not comply with national laws and local planning regulations;
- Duplicate activities or activities supported by other institutions;
- Contributions to contingency reserves;
- Entertainment activities, including banquets, cultural programs, celebrations and related costs, such as welcoming guests and accommodation; as well as rental, transportation and tips;
- Payment of interest, lending;
- Investment consulting services;
- Payment of losses incurred due to higher cost than revenue side on any other project;
- Deduction of depreciation funds for equipment or capacities, purchased with funds from the current or previous PMG fund;
- Penalties, debts, production of alcoholic beverages and tobacco products;
- Purchase of land and buildings;
- Study visits,
- Procurement of used equipment,
- Insurance and registration costs.
PMG is open to the following eligible entities that operate or are located within the identified project area of the Drina River Basin:
- Public or private institutions – companies, enterprises, scientific institutions, universities, faculties (foreign and domestic);
- Any individual who possesses the skills, knowledge and resources necessary to carry out the proposed activities;
- Government sector – companies, local, provincial and state authorities, state scientific and research institutions;
- NGO sector – non-governmental organizations at the local and national level, local associations.
Priority will be given to projects that:
- Are in a location where the needs for conservation of natural resources are the greatest,
- Contain sustainable, financially feasible income-generating activities,
- Use appropriate means,
- Increase the participation of civil society in decision-making.
Interested entities can submit applications for small grants on the application form from Annex 1, Manual for the implementation of small grants provided on the website of the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Water Management of Republika Srpska, submenu Documents, Unit for coordination of agricultural projects – procurement.
The applicant for the grant is responsible for the accuracy of the information and documentation for exercising the right to support. TIP and APCU reserves the right to verify the reality and validity of the costs provided in the application form.
The Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Water Management of Republika Srpska, Agricultural Project Coordination Unit (APCU), invites interested qualified bidders to submit sealed applications for the small grants project.
On this occasion, we inform all interested parties that the implementation of activities financed from PMG funds will be carried out in accordance with procurement methods as stated in the World Bank Guidelines: Procurement of goods, works and non-consulting services under IBRD loans and IDA loans and grants from January 2011, revised in July 2014 (Procurement Guidelines); Selection and employment of consultants under IBRD loans and IDA loans and grants by the World Bank loan beneficiaries from January 2011, revised in July 2014 (Guidelines for Consultants), and the provisions of the Financing Agreement (SF), as well as the Manual for the realization of grants. In addition, attention needs to be paid to the views of the Guidelines defining the World Bank’s conflict of interest policy.
For more information, please contact: Jadranka Majstorović (e-mail: email@example.com) or at the address provided below.
Applications for small grants must be submitted to the address below no later than January 25, 2021, until 14:00 local time. Electronic applications are allowed.
The address is:
Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Water Management of Republika Srpska, Unit for Coordination of Agricultural Projects (APCU).
n / r: Jadranka Majstorović, procurement specialist
Address: Administrative Center of the Government of Republika Srpska
Trg Republike Srpske 1, Lamela A, office 20 A-PROTOCOL
78 000 Banja Luka Bosnia and Herzegovina
Phone: +387 51 338 357 Fax: +387 51 338 857
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org