Mediacentar Sarajevo and Albany Associates invite final year students of journalism and communication from Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH), as well as young journalists with no more than three years of work experience, to apply for the educational program on digital media production “Free Voices”.
The program will be held in the period from December 1 – 25, 2020.
The introductory training lasts for five days, from December 1 – 5, 2020. The training will be held in Sarajevo. Internships at partner media – Oslobođenje (Sarajevo), BIRN (Sarajevo), Nezavisne novine (Banja Luka), eTrafika (Banja Luka) and RTV Slon (Tuzla). It will last a total of three weeks, from December 7 – 25, 2020.
Attendance at all phases of the program (training and internship) is mandatory. The program will be held in accordance with epidemiological measures and recommendations.
The training includes the following modules: review of the media scene in BiH; basics of media reporting; online research and fact checking; fake news and misinformation; digital photo production, multimedia production.
The training team consists of experienced journalists, editors and other media experts. The training methodology is interactive and practical, in order to prepare participants for internship in partner media.
Attendance on all days of training (December 1 – 5, 2020) is mandatory.
Partner media on the program are:
– Oslobođenje (https://www.oslobodjenje.ba/) – participants will stay in Sarajevo during the internship
– Balkan Investigative Reporting Network (BIRN BiH) (https://detektor.ba/) – participants will stay in Sarajevo during their internship
– Nezavisne novine (www.nezavisne.com) – participants will stay in Banja Luka during the internship
– eTrafika (https://www.etrafika.net/) – participants will stay in Banja Luka during the internship
– RTV Slon (www.rtvslon.ba) – participants will stay in Tuzla during the internship
Participants will, in cooperation with mentors from the media outlets where the internship takes place, work on defining and completing their journalistic tasks.
The internship lasts for three weeks (December 7 – 25, 2020) and attendance is mandatory throughout the whole period.
Each participant in the program will be awarded a scholarship in the amount of 1000 BAM (gross amount), which will cover the costs of living, accommodation and transportation during the program. Accommodation during the five-day training in Sarajevo will be provided by the organizer, while the participants will take care of finding accommodation in the city where they will complete a three-week internship. Since most of the participants will do the internship outside their place of residence, the organizers invite only those participants who are prepared to live in another city during the program.
Students of the final years of journalism and communication from BiH, as well as young journalists from BiH with no more than three years of work experience have the right to participate in the program.
It is essential that candidates have a good knowledge of English, know the basics of multimedia production, and that they are comfortable in using computers.
In order to apply, you need to send:
• If you are a student – a certificate that confirms that you are a student at the Faculty of Journalism/Communication at one of the universities in BiH (final year of BA, or I and II year of MA program) or a copy of the student index
• Completed application form, which can be downloaded here.
• Motivation letter up to 300 words.
Please send your applications to e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org until November 22, 2020.
Applications received after the deadline or incomplete applications will not be considered. If you have additional questions, send us an email to email@example.com.