Association “Srce za bližnje” is a non-governmental and non-profit organization that was registered on January 12, 2021 and works on the entire territory of Bosnia and Herzegovina. Through its work, it seeks to improve the quality of life and health of people at risk of poverty and social exclusion. It pursues its goal by promoting and organizing volunteer engagement with vulnerable people in local communities, and by providing material, health and psychosocial support. Practical action is based on the principles of interpersonal solidarity, volunteering, openness and diversity, participation and expertise.
Fixed-term employment contract for the period: November 01, 2021 – October 31, 2022, with the possibility of contract extension.
For the needs of the implementation of the first project of the newly established Association “Promoting social solidarity with older people in need” we are hiring a person that will work on the following tasks:
- Project management (planning and implementation of project activities; project budget management; engagement and work with project associates and partners; document management, monitoring and evaluation of activities; reporting to donors, partners, the Steering Committee; project promotion).
- Development of new project proposals (work on project applications, support to management and other team members in fundraising activities).
- Development of concepts and codes of ethics to support the elderly in material and social problems.
- Practical counseling and mentoring with adult volunteers as well as with beneficiaries of social and humanitarian assistance.
- Organizing marketing and fundraising actions for the benefit of the elderly in need.
- Development of a concept for the public appearance of the Association.
- Other jobs as needed and ordered by superiors.
The project coordinator will perform tasks under the guidance and mentorship of the Executive Director as well as in team work with external associates, and with members of the Steering Committee.
In the premises of the Monastery of St. Ante, Franjevačka 6, in the field and/or from home office.
Conditions that the candidate should meet:
- Higher education in social sciences,
- Work experience of at least two years in similar jobs,
- Volunteer experience in working with vulnerable and social categories of the population,
- Abilities for teamwork, for motivated and energetic work,
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including business oral and written communication,
- Ability to establish good interpersonal relationships with different clients: project beneficiaries, volunteers, representatives of institutions and partner organizations, donors and other citizens,
- Willingness to work on yourself and your own professional development,
- Readiness for flexible working hours and field work (home visits to users),
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills with a high degree of accuracy,
- Excellent knowledge of English (written and oral) for communication with donors,
- Developed digital competencies (MS office package, internet applications, web content editing),
- Desirable: category B driver’s license.
The candidate should submit the following documentation:
- CV, which states previous work and volunteer experience. Contact details of at least two (2) persons who can confirm the stated work and volunteer engagement.
- Motivation letter.
The application with the mentioned documents should be submitted by e-mail to: email@example.com no later than September 30, 2021 until 16:00 hrs.
Candidates who optimally meet the above requirements will be invited for an interview in the period October 11 – 18, 2021.